Some of the users who are upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7 are confronting a problem. The installation being stuck at around 62% / 64%. Microsoft has released an update/fix for this problem. There are two ways, either you can use “Fix it automatically” or do it manually.
To Do it manually, follow these steps:
- Restart the computer. Then, your computer will roll back to Windows Vista.
- Click Start, right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
- On the Advanced tab, click Environment Variables.
- Under System variables, click New.
- Type MIG_UPGRADE_IGNORE_PLUGINS in the Variable name field.
- Type IphlpsvcMigPlugin.dll in the Variable value field.
- Click OK three times to close the dialog boxes.
- Start the upgrade installation again.
To do it automatically, Â Download this tool (More instructions here)
Fix this problem
Microsoft Fix it 50319