Couple of friends were asking; how can they enable Microphone in Windows 7.
I’m not sure why but in some newly installed Windows, the microphone is disabled. Not to worry, here’s how you do it.
- Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click “Recording devices”.
- Right click on the blank place in the popped up window and then select “Show Disabled Devices” and “Show Disconnected Devices”.
- Right click on Microphone and then click “Enable”.
- Highlight the microphone and then choose “Set as Default Device”.
- Click Apply.
- Select Microphone and click on Properties.
- Click on Levels tab. The default Microphone Boost is set to 0, increase it.
And that’s it. Another thing, you might see 2 microphones there, just disable one and enable the other to see which one is working. To test, type “Sound” in the search bar (press start) and windows record app will launch. Click Record, say something, save and test.
I hope this helps.